Version 1. Last updated 6 November 2015.
Information We May Collect From You
Data You Provide to the Service
We may collect the following information from our registered users (“Registered Users”) that may, in certain circumstances, constitute personal data and/or sensitive personal data:
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- Country and postal address;
- Date of birth;
- Social security number;
- Medical records, including operations, habits, permanent medication, drug allergies and permanent diagnoses of the Registered User; and
- Information about your sessions in the Service.
Moreover, if you contact us, a record of this correspondence may be kept.
Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003
We will comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003 (the “Acts”) in respect of the use of your personal data. We are the data controller for the purposes of the Acts in respect of the personal data that we collect from you.
Data Collected Automatically
The Service may automatically collect the following information from you which, in certain circumstances, may constitute personal data:
- The logging technology used in the Service automatically collects the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Service. We also collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you use to access the Service, information about the operating system of your device and information about whether or not you are logged into a specific iOS device, as well as the name of your Internet service provider.
- Google Analytics is an element of the Service. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Service. By using a browser plug-in provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
- Moreover, details of transactions you carry out through the Service, details of your visits to the Service including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data may also be collected.
The Purposes for Which We Use The Data
We use the collected personal data for the following purposes:
- To set up and maintain your registration with the Service;
- To communicate with you;
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses;
- To protect our rights and/or our property;
- To operate and improve our products and services;
- To manage the Service;
- To provide features available in the Service;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- For market research;
- To audit and analyze the Service; and
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service.
We use the data collected automatically for the following purposes:
- Developing new products and services and improving our existing products and services;
- Digital marketing (online, mobile, social media); and
- Sales organization and efficiency.
How We Disclose Data
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the personal data relating to our Registered Users to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
The personal data collected in the Service may be disclosed in the following manner:
Personal data you provide to the Service:
- We may disclose personal data you provide to the Service with the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as doctors, pharmacists, payment processors and data storage service providers, which enable us to provide the Service to you;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
Data collected automatically:
The data collected automatically in the Service may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as data analysis companies;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
Moreover, we may disclose information to third parties in an aggregate format that does not constitute personal data and does not allow the identification of individual Registered Users.
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to know what data we hold about you: If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, please contact us at privacy@MeeDoc.com. We seek to swiftly respond to your inquiry. We may charge a small processing fee if less than twelve (12) months has passed since your last inquiry relating to personal data we hold about you. Moreover, if you are our Registered User, you can easily review the data that you have provided to the Service by logging in to the Service and reviewing your account settings.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary personal data corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to correct, delete, or update the personal data you have provided to the Service is to log in to the Service and enter the necessary changes in the account settings of the Service. If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at privacy@MeeDoc.com.
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us: All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at privacy@MeeDoc.com.
The security of personal data is important to us. We restrict access to personal data to employees, contractors and agents who need to know such personal data in order to operate, develop or improve the Service. We do our utmost to protect the privacy of Registered Users through the appropriate use of security technology. We ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information (the servers we use are secured and protected by a firewall); and we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We are not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from (i) the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet, or (ii) any delay or delivery failure on the part of any other service provider, and you acknowledge that the Service may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities. Although we will do our best to protect personal data about you, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
In connection with the collection of your health information and payment information, we use a 256-bit SSL-encryption technology. No credit card data will be stored in our own systems.
International Transfers of Personal Data
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register to use the Service and to use the Service. Moreover, this Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not intend to collect personal data from children under 13.
Questions or Concerns?